I find a way to get the zine because is very tempting!
A downloadable zine
Skill Points is a zine focused on learning skills by playing role-playing games. It includes contributions from seven game designers, each of whom takes a different approach to the theme. This holistic approach includes RPG content to use at the table, advice on how RPGs can help to develop new skills, and reports from designers who have used RPGs as a teaching method.
- An editorial by Daniel Kwan on his experience running a program that uses D&D to teach students at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto.
- A piece on teaching socialization and communication skills by Orion Black.
- An article by Dr. Jason Cox that describes how bleed between identities as a professional educator and an in-game mentor can contribute to pedagogical understandings.
- "Puzzlemancy," a guide to making more engaging puzzles for TTRPGs by Jesse Gazic.
- An article by Jillian Wakarchuk on using physical objects in RPGs to develop creative problem solving skills.
- A 5e adventure by Sam Hotchkiss that teaches the skill of knot-tying.
- A short fantasy jail break scenario by Tim Hutchings which responds to the Kevin Allen Jr. game Primitive and Thorny Games' Sign.
In order to download this zine you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $12 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this zine at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Community Copies are freely available for those who need them. No questions asked!